Thursday, April 19, 2007

Response to Oliver's commentary

I appreciate you explaining the different aspects of Christianity. It is clear that you have studied the bible in depth. I'm sorry if my remarks about Christianity offend you. Whenever I read passages in the bible and commentaries about those passages, I get frustrated with understanding the texts because it seems many of the commentators expect the reader to be somewhat well versed in Christianity.

Also, I admit that many of the beliefs in Christianity run counter to what I have been raised with and take for granted. Science and well backed arguments have formed the basis of my philosophy on religion. If you read my latest blog trying to define religion, you will probably get a sense of my point of view. Again, I don't mean to offend.

No comments: